A focus group is a form of qualitative research in which a group of people is asked about their attitude towards a product, service, concept, advertisement, idea or packaging. Questions are asked in an interactive group setting where participants are free to talk with other group members.
- Test all audio/visual equipment prior to the session to assure proper placement of microphones and video cameras if applicable.
- Advise all participants that all cell phones must be turned off prior to commencing the focus group session.
- Focus groups should be conducted in a quiet location, free of as much outside noise as possible.
- Remind all participants that the session is being recorded and to speak slowly, clearly and loudly for recording purposes.
- Encourage participants not to speak over each other to decrease the chance of lost information in the transcription.
- Participants should be asked to briefly introduce themselves so that their voices can be identified by the transcriptionist throughout the session. This step will help increase the accuracy of the completed transcript.
- The focus group moderator should attempt to refer to the speaker upon completion of comments to help the transcriber identify the participant.
- Designate a time for bathroom, food and beverage breaks that will not interfere with the recording of the session.
- Upon returning from all breaks, make sure all participants sit in the same seat to assure continuity of the focus group session.
Digital Transcription For Focus Group
Our Legal, Business and Focus Group Transcription services produce transcripts from your digital media files: we take your audio (MP3, WAV, AIFF, WMA, Quicktime, and RealAudio) and video files (VHS, DVD and WMV), and transcribe them into clear and readable transcripts in a format that is compatible to your needs.
We provide our clients with secure, password protected access to our web-based file management system – allowing you to upload your digital media files to us for transcription.
No matter the speciality, Acorn’s Business transcription team can produce accurate transcripts in a timely manner. Contact us today to discuss your transcription needs!
1-800-750-5747 or 1-941-426-4465